Re: X10? Any good? Need some advice.

Jazzer wrote:
> Chub,
>
> May be a newbie to home automation.  But my online experience goes back
> to 1984 with a comodore 64 and a 300 baud modem.  I am never surprised
> at how lame and immature people can be online.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Jazzz'r

Were you able to get any help from www.cctvforum.com?

Oh and just for the record. Robert Bass has been instigating chaos in
this and many other groups for years and years. You'll notice that no
one supports any comments that he makes. Ashamedly, he associates
himself with this industry in spite of the fact that he's a conviceted
felon for threatening someone with gun and is responsible for the death
of someone. He's skirted around the law in runing his present on line
store and plagues this group with his incessant advertising followed by
his constant demeaning of the installers who predominate this group,
when they object. His sole purpose here is to belittle installation
companies so as to entice people who come here to buy from him. He's
been ousted from Newsgroups going back many years for disrupting and
going real life with people ..... because they object to his arrogant
conduct. He's stolen and plagerized information from people here and
from published documents and claimed it as his own. He's even called
the employers of some people here, lied about them to get them in
trouble with their company. All of this is documented in Google and
you'll notice that he'll not refute any of what I'm saying here because
he knows that I can prove every word I've said with a Google search, in
minutes.

Take heed where you buy, if you're looking on line.

Buy professional equipment and try to stay away from the "retail"
companies. Theres so much video equipment available nowdays that it's
difficult, even for the professionals to choose. The equipment is being
upgraded and improved so fast that it hardly stays on the market for
more than a year before it's replaced by something else or another mfg
comes out with something better at a lower price. It's hard to keep
track.

Good luck.