Re: Wiring

>.  Have you seen the ones (ancient)  where a mechanical switch and magnet are
>enclosed in the frame  and a metal armature plate is installed in the door / window?

I think the contacts you're talking about are the Ademco 56's.  I still
have a box of them down in my parent's basement.  Boy, I hope they're
not the contacts that this fellow has.

By the way, none of us has mentioned that if the loop in question has
an end of line resistor at the last contact in the loop, then touching
the wires together in any combination isn't going to give a ready light
at the keypad.

And, if it's any comfort to the fellow who pulled out the contact and
the wires didn't come out with it, I think we've all done that at least
once.  It's not your fault, the installer didn't leave enough slack for
you.  Welcome to the club.

Vince Inzinna