Re: PIR recommendation.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:19:35 GMT, James Russo
<jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone please recommend a good PIR for use in an office
> environment? No pet immunity is needed. I was looking at the DT-7450 or
> the DT-7435.

Those are perfectly good detectors.  You might also want to look
at the Visonic K-980D.  I've used tons of those in my own
installations and I've sold literally thousands of them to DIYers
over the years.  They've give excellent service.

A very inexpensive model that I've used a few times and sold
hundreds of is the Paradox DG-75.  It's a very reliable detector
with a small price tag.

There are lots of other good ones.  The GE / Sentrol RCR series
(stands for "Range Controlled Radar") dual tech detectors have a
neat feature.  You can adjust the range of the microwave sensor
to ignore stimuli outside the desired detection area.

I have a section of my website where I list motion detectors from
most of the major manufacturers.  You may find it helpful.
http://security-alarm-systems.us/sentrol-motion-detectors-263-ctg.htm

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.