I need HELP monitoring my nanny and kids!!!!!

I'm a working mom, and like millions of other working moms I'm very
concern with what's going on with my kids when I'm not at home.

I'm planning on buying a set of cameras (one for the family room one
for the dinning-living room area and one for the basement) so that I
can watch my kids from work via the Internet.

I was planning on buying X10 cameras, but I'm not sure about that
after the awful reviews I've read about their products and service.
As everybody else I'm looking for a cost effective option, my budget
is limited.

Can someone recommend a camera and software that would allow me to
watch video and hopefully audio from a remote location?

Thanks

Adidays