Re: going rate for purchase of alarm accounts?

> Hmmm...I've been out of active work in the alarm
> business since around '94 (all these accounts are
> at least that old); how do I contact these brokers?

You must have done a good job if you've kept them all that long.

> The 1st offer I got was waaay less than what you
> mentioned so I figured it was worth asking here.

If the hardware is good quality, the workmanship clean and the
contracts are solid, older accounts are often worth more than
"average".

I have no affiliation with either of the following.  This isn't a
recommendation -- just information.  The second link is to a firm
that offers an alternative to selling your accounts.

http://www.alarmdealerservices.com/
http://www.smartmonitoring.com/dealerprogram/Security_Affiliates/dealer_benefits.html

Good luck.

--