Re: PIR recommendation.

> So, would you recommend a dual-tech sensor for
>this application? If yes, which model. And if no,
>which brand of good PIR would you recommend?

I made it a practice to use dual tech detectors almost
everywhere, even when there were no pets around.  There are a few
straight PIR's that I like though a dual tech is less likely to
false than a PIR (all other things being equal).

I may have already mentioned it but I like the Visonic K-980D for
most short to mid-range apps.  If the detector needs to cover a
50-foot hallway, the Sentrol RCR-50 would be worth a look.  If
for some reason you want a PIR only the Paradox DG75 does a
decent job at a reasonable cost.

Here's a URL (my website) for the GE / Sentrol RCR50
http://www.basshome.com/product_4742_detailed.htm

Visonic K-980D
http://www.basshome.com/product_4119_detailed.htm

Paradox DG75
http://www.basshome.com/product_725_detailed.htm

The prices on these are retail.  You're in the trade so expect to
pay between 20 and 30% less at your distributor.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.