Re: Car alarm that goes off when in a certain distance

hiding@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>   Hi,
> Hope someone can help with this.
> I would like to be able to set up a alarm on a car. It would only go
> off if the car got in certain distance of some point, say 100 feet.
>
> In other words if the car drove up to where I work my alarm would
> sound that the car is nearby.
>
> I looked a bit for proximity alarms and really couldn't find much what
> I was looking for. Any websites, adivce you could provide would help.
> Thank you

That's easy if you have an Ademco or DSC wireless system that
annunciates "trouble" for a missing transmitter.  You'd have to program
a transmitter into your system, set up a relay correlation to either
turn on a light or start a local buzzer when it's actually "present" in
the system, and place the transmitter on the car you wanted to monitor.
  If it's within 200 feet of the receiver, the light/buzzer would turn
"on".  If it's out of range (or the battery's dead), the light/buzzer
would be "off".  The down side is that your system would also display
"trouble" for the missing transmitter, but I think if you set it up on a
different partition you could get around that.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com