Re: Problem With ADT System - Need Advice

Robert L Bass wrote:

> While I was installing I rarely used wireless.  Most homes where we worked (southern New England) can be wired by a skilled
> technician or DIYer with little or no visible sign that anything has been done.  Florida is another situation altogether with
> shallow roofs and cement block walls over slab foundations.  For existing structures here wireless is the mainstay.

Then you're not as "creative" as I thought.  Or should I say, your
"creativity" is limited to installation fairy tales, innuendo, and
outright lies...

> With most installations using from 0 to 5 transmitters (mainly zero), we just made it a policy to replace all batteries whenever the
> first one went low.

So you "charged" your customers for batteries you never replaced.
Hmmmmm....

> The client spends more on batteries but saves a good deal on service visits.

Check.  I'll make sure to ignore this practice as it no doubt serves to
generate an inordinate number of "false" BBB complaints...

> With DIYers it's different.  I
> just sell them a new battery whenever one fails.

And with "zero" transmitters, how do you explain the need for the
battery?  "Just buy it anyway, Mr. Smith.  It'll keep your account active."

> That's ot surprising, Bob.

It's certainly "ot surprising" to me....

> The chip contains the firmware and often the address.  Most alarm manufacturers use the smallest chips
> available in order to keep costs down.  If a transmitter costs you $30 after distributor profit, shipping (twice) and advertising,
> the manufacturer needs to be able to produce it for about $5 or less.  By comparison, a $350 (dealer cost) FACP has a typical
> manufacturing cost target of arond $90-100.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

> That's a pian and should be addressed.

You're a "pian", Bass.  But are you really wearing "a dress"?

>>But they are still far superior to
>>DSC's wireless product line (IMO)...
>

> That isn't saying much.  :^)

Hmmm...  Yet it's "the panel of choice at BassBurglarAlms"...

> I've sold thousands of those as well and to dat have had almost no problems.

Uh-huh...   and "to date" you've had more than "40 problems" although
some have "scrolled off" because the BBB only keeps records for the
preceding three (3) years...