Re: Problem With ADT System - Need Advice

Happy Holidays all!

Thanks to Crash Gordon, Tourman and Frank Olson for your assistance.
I've been checking your responses from time to time over the past few
days and now that the big holiday is behind me I'm going to put some
time into trying to get this resolved.

Here's the deal: The motions are Bosch DS835i Microwave Intrusion
Detector with Pet Immunity.  In the room I've had two false alarms from
the closest thing to the motion is a couch.  The back of the couch is
just 4 1/2 feet from the motion and at the height of the couch, about 3
feet from the floor.  In the room I have had one false alarm from the
closest thing to the motionis again a couch.  This time the back of the
couch is 6 feet from the motion and again 3 feet from the floor.

I guess my questions at this point are:

1) Are these distances of 4 1/2 feet and 6 feet too close to warrant
trying a less sensitive motion such as those mentioned by Tourman or by
Frank Olson?

2) Does this system have the "double trip feature" Tourman recommended
or the "cross-zoning" Crash Gordon mentioned?  My Google research tells
me this Safewatch Pro 3000 is really an Ademco Vista 20P in disguise.
The double-trip idea sounds like it might reduce false alarms and may
be effective when the house is empty but that it might run the risk of
missing someone coming in during the night and heading straight up to
my bedroom having only tripped the motion once.  I like the idea of the
cross-zoning and would be willing to pay to have two additional motions
installed, one to work with each of the two 1st floor motions.

When I say willing to pay I don't want to sound like someone looking to
get something for nothing.  I specifically brought up my concerns about
the two cats at the time of installation and the furniture is in the
exact same place it was when the system was installed.  I was assured
that the placement and the type of motion detector would prevent false
alarms so I tend to think they are partly to blame for the situation.
I have no complaints about ADT yet, other than the current situation,
they have been very accomodating.  I guess their resolving - or not
resolving this problem will be the true test.

Thanks again for your assistance and I look forward to more of it!

Take care.