Re: 5800 series range?

nick markowitz wrote:
> The 5800 series uses lithium batteries I use the transmitters in unheated
> areas with no problem at radio station on the transmitter huts 150" from
> reciver

A couple of times, I've had garages to protect with wireless in the New
York area. And although, I've warned the clients that battery life
might be a problem with the Napco wireless transmitters, they've been
installed for three years and longer at this point. There doesn't seem
to be a noticable difference in the life of the batteries. Lithium 3v,
Duracell 123 batteries. I think the same as used in the 5800.