Re: Strange

"Matthew Stanley" <armorsecsys@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:xt_hh.29$Ca3.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I went to Honeywell's website to get an installation manual for the vista
10
> E and on the front of it was this
>

> Addition of new 5800 series transmitters with
> this control panel is prohibited, other than for
> repair of existing installations. Non-permitted
> use voids U.S. warranty.
>

> Why would they say that? Did I read this wrong?
>
> This is what I got from it....
>
> If you have a system installed, you cant add any 5800 series devices to
this
> panel because we want you to buy a new control board...
>
> Am I wrong on this?
>

> Matthew

It's a legal thing, several years ago Ademco was sued by ITI over patents
concerning the learning of wireless sensors, ITI won the first round but
lost the appeal if I recall.

Ademco put that disclaimer on the documentation for the older
Vista-10/20/Via-30 panels then slightly changed the firmware and method of
learning sensors. You should have no problems learning any 5800 sensor into
that panel