Re: Long range wireless or other solution?

> I smile at the thought of someone coming along, riding in a car with a
> baseball
> bat, hitting mail boxes.
>
> I just hope no one ever runs into it with their car.

Many years ago, I lived in a very rural part of northern Michigan. A
neighbor, which was actually quite a ways down the road, made something
similar but used a "I" beam piece of steal and cemented it in for the
support. He too was fed up with loosing mailboxes. About mid January when
the snow was at it's peak, the road crew would come by and dress the snow
banks to keep the roads open. These banks got very high and they would have
to dress them back further and further. Since they were not actually
plowing, they would do this at a good clip. One of the county plows caught
his blade on that mailbox and put that big plow into a bunch of 360's. The
banks were high and packed enough it kept the truck on the road for the most
part but driver was not a happy camper. Scared the crap out of the driver
and it was the talk of town at the coffee shop. There was talk of
prosecution etc. but I don't think anything ever happened.