Re: Wire prices

> Solid core wire? I use that for phone
> connections to the protector but for little else. I hate solid core wire. The
> puny price difference between it and
> stranded can't be a reason to use it.

I don't know why the other gentleman prefers solid core but I like it because it's easier to use and there's less chance of a stray
strand shorting a nearby point where it's connected.  Also, years ago before the introduction of eight- or more-zone panels I used
to connect all of my cables to 66 "punch" blocks.  These need solid core wire to maintain a permanent, gas-tight connection.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics