Re: DSC PC3000 Lockout

Mark Leuck wrote:

> I haven't heard of any device DSC made to find that, seems pretty simple to
> power up the board and listen for the clicks,

RHC: Could be it was just something they made up for the local Tried
boys here in Ottawa. It's a simple rig to power up with AC without any
risk of (I guess) hurting themselves ??? Anyway, it serves to sort out
the really defective boards from the locked ones...

One thing I found out when I
was unlocking boards was a lot were turned into our office that weren't
locked out, the tech for some reason just thought they were

RHC: Yup ! I find that too within bulk orders. I find quite a few
boards that are not locked at all, and a few that have been defaulted
properly, but the installer didn't know that 1555 and 5555 are both
valid codes for the Power 632, depending upon version. Or that 737373
and 282828 are both valid codes for the Paradox Esprit, again depending
upon versions. So he figures they are still locked when they don't
respond. I have been sorely tempted to charge them anyway for their
stupidity, and the work to set my equipment up, but I've resisted the
urge so far....

It could have been our company which was a huge user of 1550/2530/3000
boards. Manufacturers tend to bend over backwards for high volume
dealers

RHC: Yeah, I guess that could be it. I really don't think they ever did
it for the general market.

 RHC