Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:BMWdnaqAYYvlquHYnZ2dnUVZ_qWvnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> The Caddx panel is cheaper
>
> Yes, and it shows in the way they built it.

Nice how you talk so about the equipment you sell, at least with Caddx you
can put multiple expanders in the same box

> >> Far easier to keypad program
>
> I don't keypad program alarms.  That is why God gave us the PC.

Yes and it will be quite amusing if you have to program one and don't have a
PC, to me not knowing how to do even the basics of keypad programming shows
ignorance in my opinion

"The panel isn't connected to a phone line sir? uhh....."

> >> Has better download software
>
> Not a chance.

Much easier to use, doesn't require full screen, nicer menus etc

> >> More choices in expansion modules
>
> Where's the keypad with built-in expander?

I never claimed one did, having the expander in the keypad only adds to the
cost if it's not used and in this day and age of bus expanders it's not a
big deal having one

> >> More choices in keypad models
>
> Yes, Caddx still offers lots of ugly LED keypads.  Imagine trying to teach
a customer to use a 32-zone LED keypad.

Thats a matter of perception, they have more fixed english and LCD's than
LED's, Napco needs to step up with this

> >> More than double the output current capability
> >> (2A compared to 750ma)
>
> Actually, the P9600's maximum current is 1.9Amps.

If thats so they don't list it in any manuals I've seen

> >> Better Contact ID/SIA reporting capability
>
> Napco's CID and SIA work perfectly.

Cool, try sending water level, low and high temp, freeze, sprinkler,
mnedical etc, can't with Napco.

Someday Napco will catch up