Re: EZ-Mate

Technically it's the same, but you'd really have a tough time bringing a
copyright infringement suit given:

The software was designed to talk to specific alarm panels that are long
discontinued and not manufactured or supported by Radionics. RAM can only
run on DOS with a dongle or very expensive Radionics/Tecmar modem both of
which could only be purchased through Radionics by authorized dealers. I bet
Radionics doesn't even have the old RAM software anylonger.

They'd never be able to prove actual damages so a suit would never happen.
In this respect it is different. Radionics is not being damaged by techs
trying to support their old equipment and keeping Radionics equipment alive
and working properly.

Just a thought.