Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

Its VoIP not AoIP, the safest thing to do is to assume that  VoIP and
digital communicators are not going to work reliably together at the present
time and probably not in the future either and use an alternative means of
communications. I think that its a disservice to the customer and a
potential liability to the alarmco to try different formats until you find
one that works today, yet may stop tomorrow if and when the VoIP providers
make changes to their service in order to try to improve the voice
transmission.

If , and its a big if, VoIP and alarms systems are to co-exist it will have
to come from the alarm industry designing a product that will work with
VoIP, not the other way around, and it seems unlikley that its worth the
time and effort for a manufacturer to try and hit the every changing target
of VoIP, its much more likely that TCP/IP will be built in to new alarm
panels and very inexpensive TCP/IP modules will become available for
existing panels.

Doug