Re: Long range wireless or other solution?

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:09:28 -0800, Jim wrote:

> I made my mail box out of a piece of 12 inch cast iron pipe, welded to
> a 6 inch cast iron pipe, 8 foot long, (4 feet in the ground) filled
> with cement. The pipe in the ground is in a 3 foot diameter sonatube
> that I filled with 15 bags of sackrete.

I considered something similar, using an old driveshaft for the post, and
welding it to some large, misshapen chunk of metal to be buried in cement.

Snowplows aren't an issue here, since there hasn't been over a six-inch
accumulation in over 30 years.  Most areas are hard pressed to keep sand
trucks ready to go during the winter.

OTOH, I'm the vindictive sort, and they just ignore anything that's not a
standard box due to several folks out here using similar methods.  I want
them caught.  Anything less, IMO, is like decriminalizing burglary and
just saying it's the homeowner's responsibility to keep them out.