Re: If it weren't for the customers, this job would be the sh*t

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Look at my list and guess which bike was the next fastest of all those
> >> have owned.
> >
> > The CB750?
>
> Not even close.   75 GL1000   Had two of them.  One was bone stock and
would
> run about 135.  The other had mac headers and was rejetted, it would clear
> 140.  Its pretty funny because my 4 carb GL1200 standard barely hit 125.

I was wondering about the Gold Wing but I looked at the later bloated
version not the older one, I rode the '75 once without all the fairing and
it was an attractive and peppy bike.

> VROD was proably next at 130-131.  I hear the new bigger VROD is a little
> faster.

I noticed you had a CX500, I had the CX650 they made in 83, I loved the
Guzzi-like engine although the puny gas tank and virtually no reserve made
long distance riding impossible. Best overall bike I ever had was the last
one I owned which was a 1981 Suzuki GS750, on one trip I rode that from
Dallas to Gettysburg PA to Toronto Ca and back.

I've always preferred Suzuki sport bikes but from that list you don't seem
to have a preference for brand or type, any reason why?