Re: DSC Wireless Smoke Reporting incorrectly

They could, but I would rather have it report correctly, in case
someone does not look at the zone and only at the code type...

(seem to recall a post about someone programming a waterbug to report a
24hr panic and that ended up causing problems, because of the use of
the wrong code...)

Also, by redefining it, it is a) not standard, and b) opens an avenue
of error (i.e. cs system drops zone info, now its a burg instead of
fire.  Is that likely to happen?  Prolly not, but why open another path
for error?)

If I am going to have a monitored alarm system, why would I want to
micky mouse it because DSC isn't reporting correctly?

Do it right and you will have less problems and less finger pointing, I
would think...