Re: Ranger American yahoos. The latest.

I went to visit one of Ranger American prewires yesterday:

Cons:
Cheep cheep cheep two conductor wire.
Keypad locations at belly button height -  you'd have to be a midget to read
the display.
No service loops at any of the windows or devices - if the wire gets tagged
by drywallers your sol.
White Contacts (cheep) on brown windows.
3/8" holes for all wires - pita if you need to replace a switch.
Wires parallel in electricians holes - not all but enough
Alarm panel upstairs, Structured Wiring Box downstairs (still can't figure
this one out. why not both in same place?)
Interior siren mounted on a steel ring at 5" from the floor (gonna look real
purty on that living room wall)
One firewire coiled up in the attic ... two bedrooms downstairs 3
upstairs...I guess we can't do a smoke downstairs.
Flexible 2" conduit going from the alarm panel upstairs to the swb
downstairs...WHAT FOR?? Absolutely nothing...will serve no purpose.
They used firestop everywhere the kind that hardens like a rock. Most of us
just stuff the holes with fiberglass insulation.

Pros
They actually used firewire to the attic coil
Firewire for power & siren
They stapled all their wires up above where the insulation will be - I was
shocked at this.

They are absolutely refusing to add any other options for my client (who, as
I said is ending up buying their stuff that we will rip out and install our
crap)