Re: Napco MA-3000 Fire Bell Trouble warning upon power-up.

Without the jumper cut the realy is "wet" --it actually supplies
voltage--it is really more of an "output" than a relay, like you are
thinking of it.  Yes, put a 2.2k reisitor across 6 & 8 and that error
should clear.  If you decide to connect something to it, use something
that just wants straight voltage (something with an internal driver).

The ma3000 was Napco's answer to the combo fire/burg systems on the
market; it may be a bit of an overkill for what your using it for.