Re: your feedback on DIY security alarm system

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:26:00 GMT, aerosmith <aerosmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am planning to purchase a DIY home alarm system and I was wondering if
>I could get your opinions about the alarm systems present here:
>http://www.intellahome.com/shop/bapacks.html
>Systems that captured my attention:
>- Ademco Wireless Ready Package
>- Ademco Plus PowerPack V20P
>- PowerMax Plus  Wireless System

Wireless!?

I want to tell you the following from Norway:

I came to my parked card and tried to open it with my remote,
no reaction, so I had to use the key. As my dealer was nearby, I
paid him a visit, but before going in, I repeatedly tried the remote,
still no go.
Then I went for the technician and when we arrived at the car, guess
what?
The remote worked fine and has done som ever since.

Heard about jamming? That was what happened to me and not only to
the car, but to my wireless housealarm as well.
So I asked the dealer - in England - why the h... the remotes were not
equipped with anti-scan, codehopping etc., like a 1st class car alarm?
He had no answer.
You just think about that fact... and buy yourself an alarm that needs
wiring.

Best regards,

George.