Help with Notifier AFP400 and 3 xp transponders

Any Notifier experts here?  I need to know what the right 2 led's on the
power supply are.  The pannel is an AFP 400 and the power supply is on an XP
Transponder.  I think the LED's are + and - ground fault they are LEDs 4 and
5.  I have an intermitant trouble on this transponder that shows short
circuit.  What would the system be monitoring for a short circuit?  I have
tested all the horn loops out of the transponder and cannot find a short
"positive to negative".

Also it shows an invalid reply on a different transponder,  when I reset the
panel the transponder will work for about 5 minutes then it goes back to
trouble with an invalid reply.  During the panel reset the LED's on the
transponder lite up so I am fairly sure the thing is talking with the panel.
What would cause an invalid reply?  On the addressable loop that goes to
this transponder I have noticed the shield is not grounded.  When I tried to
ground the shield, every device on the loop gave me an invalid reply
trouble.  I measured the shield to the other loop wires but dont show any
kind of short.  Any Ideas?

James B
Denco Security Inc.