Re: Let’s say I buy an ELK-M1 Gold panel – then what?

Frank Olson wrote:
> Leo wrote:
>
>> If I contact a local alarm company, will they say: we have not
>> installed the panel, we don't know how it works, and we cannot provide
>> monitoring service for you.
>

> If they don't say that, they'll want to program their own CS information
> into your system and more than likely ask you to relinquish the
> installer code during the course of your contract with them.
A DIY'er with an Elk M1?
Nice
I don't know about Elk, but many other manufacturers will not give out
software to "unqualified" individuals. BUT there are some here who will
do anything for a buck.
Many Central Stations will not risk the liability of monitoring an
account that was not installed by a qualified or licensed individual,
and refuse to do it. AGAIN there are some here that will do that for a
Buck and a half.
Sorry Olson- not all C.S.'s ask for "installer codes" or for that matter
program their own info.