Radionics system questions

I have some questions about some Radionics hardware that I have. I am
planning to install a Radionics burglary/fire panel in my house. Some
things I'd like to do with it are: security, fire, and later on, HID door
access control for 2 doors. I'll need more than 8 zones, so I'd want to
use the popex and popits for expansion. Right now, I have an 8112I panel,
3 D1252 pads, 2 D8125 popexs, 2x D8130 output relays, a D128 two line
phone adapter, plus a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff and some popits.
I have been reading everything I can find about Radionics panels and I
like their capabilities, especially compared to more "consumer"-oriented
panels. Ok, some questions

1) I understand that there are a number of different models of the 8112
panel, but I am having a hard time finding what the different models are
and what there capabilities are.

2) I am not committed to keeping an existing 8112 panel. I am interested
other panels that are compatible with the hardware I listed above. I
found that the panels are cheap compared to all the hardware that you buy
to use with them. I'd like to know what radionic panels are recommended.

3) Regarding programming, how hard is that to do, if you have a manual
and a programmer, can you figure it out? I've had to program stuff before
and usually a week of trial and error is sufficient. Is the same true for
Radionics panels? Also, how hard is the 5100 to use compared to a 5200
and compared to RAM software? Where do you get handlers for different
panels if the programmer doesnt have them already? I'd like to note that
I wouldn't rule out having someone program it for me, I'm not too proud,
heh.

4) Regarding device supervision, namely keypads, what are the
implications of that? I was considering installing a fire reporting
keypad in an insecure area and didn't want it to be vulnerable to
tampering. Does it monitor them for tampering and sound an alarm if they
are tampered with?

5) A little off in the weeds here, has anyone used the EAR emergency
audio reporting connection on a radionics panel? I understand the CS can
talk to the premises while a break-in is occurring, that sounds pretty
cool.

I'd appreciate any help, I've been reading the manuals cover to cover and
these are some questions I couldn't find answers to.

Thanks,
 Logan

--
L.P.