Re: VOIP Question Again.

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:18:33 -0400, Paul Brewington
<pbrewington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Whats the latest on Voip and alarm systems?  I use Ademco and have an
>oppertunity to sell systems to a company that sellls voip.  Trouble
>is, Ademco Tech says their systems will not support voip.   Any idears
>or other equipment I can buy to get systems t work on VOIP.  Thanks.

The common answer you'll here is to install a digital cell phone
communicator and be done with it.  This is the solution that most of
the industry has settled on, and it's probably the best fit for 90% of
cases.

.  Since the customer must have high speed internet access to have
VOIP, you can use that transmission method to communicate alarm
signals.  Since you mentioned Ademco, check out Alarmnet-I.