question about VOIP and liability

I am wondering if anyone has actually talked with your liability insurance
underwriters about the pros and cons with this VOIP and security
communications issues. I know all of the techy types drewl all over new
technologies and how cool it is and how we can make it work and all that.
Hell, give us enough parts and we'll build a helicopter out in the parking
lot. I know there are waivers and disclaimers being  presented, signed etc.
That is a step towards defending your company and you if your corporate vail
can't be broken, ha ha. :o[  Even those written by attorneys aren't worth
the paper they are written on in a high profile personal injury case when
the company knowingly hooks up to something known to be unreliable and
thinks it is ok because we stuck something in the customers face and had
them sign it. The industry somehow needs to bring together the powers to be,
manufacturers, insurance and attorneys, ANSI, approval labortories, internet
providers, the bells, cable providers, etc. and come to some conclusions
about this soon. Why is the industry letting this technology speed pass
without getting on board? Do we really think waivers are all that is
necessary? I know this is wishful thinking, however, I feel that every time
someone connects to this technology, right now, is simply another nail in
their company's coffin. Have a serious talk with your insurance company
and/or the homeowners insurance company or the insurance company that is
carrying a multi million dollar policy on inventory for your customer about
the pro's and con's of connecting to this new technology and see if they
will bless it. Chances are it won't be a problem as long as there are alot
more dollars spent on additional coverage by you and your customer. At this
time that is just an assumption but I would be interested to hear the
outcome of your conversations with your attorneys and insurance companies
about this issue since I am more interested in protecting what I have over
putting on that one account that is questionable.