Re: Casement Windows

Crash Gordon said:

>how would you get at the screen lead...don't you slot the frames?...we don't
>leave the leads out, although the cleaning lady might

Slotting the frames may make everything look neater, but  it's very
user-unfriendly.  Sometimes, it's difficult for an installer to get the
wire to go back down the hole, and for the average consumer or painter,
it's pretty much impossible.

I've also noticed that when people order slotted frames, they generally
don't think to order a second tamper switch at the lead end of the screen.
In which case, an exposed lead looks high security by comparison.

- badenov