Re: Service pay???

"Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:DrmGg.2900$q63.979@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > We have a svc mgr with 14 years experience. His duties includ:
> > performing service
> > overseeing service
> > lock and strike installations on access control jobs
> > maintenance and support on computer networks at our office and our
> > monitoring center
> > design support on jobs
> > programming all access control systems
> > programming large cctv systems that integrate with computer networks
> > backups of our company databases
> > etc
> >
> > How much is this person worth??
>

> Depends on the area, and on the person. That resume' in the Midwest would
> command around $50k/yr. Probably more on the East or Left coasts.

How long has he been with your company, where did he start with your company
and where does he go from here in your company? Becareful not to cap him out
to fast if there is nowhere else to go.What benefit program do you have at
your company? Are you considering an hourly or salary wage? What do other
companies in your area pay for a simular position? Do you have a person in
training or ready to pick up these responsibilities if this person was to
leave? Lots to consider.