Re: No false alarms - Visonic DUET detector

There are quite a variety of good quality pet motions on the market now
at varying costs depending upon the technologies used. The main thing
is to set them up properly so 1- no animal can get within 6 measured
feet of the device (like a cat crawling on furniture just below the
motion)....and 2- they never "look" directly at stairs (many are fooled
by a cat or dog running quickly up the stairs).Situation 1 will
overload the motion causing an alarm, and situation 2 will cause some
types of motions to "see" the animal as a person (horizontal plane as
opposed to vertical plane etc)

Only caution I would have...be careful where your wife or significant
other moves furniture in the future to be sure to avoid situation one.

I have thousands of pet motions in service and rarely have a problem
related to pets unless something has changed since I originally
installed the system.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada