Re: DSC installer code cracker

Frank Olson wrote:
> chip wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >      We had a local alarm company go out of business and I have been
> > getting lots of calls to take over these systems.  I know about
> > defaulting the panels and replacing the board but I have heard rumors
> > about keypads that will crack the codes and or software. Does anyone
> > know where I could get such a keypad?
> > Thanks, Chip
> >
> > gdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >

> There's no such "animal".

Is this post just a bunch of bull then?

About four years ago our company bought a DSC installer code breaker at
the
ISC show in Anaheim, California.
It is called a SEMCO  10-8   Programer
It is a simple looking device that attaches to the keypad wiring of the

control
It has a red & green led, the red led flashes as it is decoding and the

green led lights steady when the process is finished.
To activate you apply power and press into keypad  *8  20 for 1500-1550

panels *8  18 for 2500,  *8  24 for 2550 and 3000 panels
It works by trying all possible combination one at a time, and when it
cracks the code it changes it to 0123
It is not practical to use it in the field, because it can take up to 3

hours to decode one unit, depending on how high the installer code was
for
that panel.
Our problem is there is no address or phone numbers on the instruction
sheet,  we can't find the manufacture
A note at the bottom says contact your SEMCO distributor for any known
version changes.