Re: Eavesdropping Video Receives 5 Star Rating

> You don't really believe they're interested in what you
> have to say to your family do you? Com'on.

I believe they're interested in anyone who openly opposes them.

Following are quotes on the subject of freedom:

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
neither liberty or security -- Benjamin Franklin

I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have
invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is
dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can
flourish only in free air ? that progress made under the shadow of the
policeman's club is false progress, and of no permanent value. I believe that
any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is bound to become a
tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the
measure, is bound to become a slave. -- H. L. Mencken

than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not
your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and
may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. -- Samuel Adams

But no government has a licence to kill. The death of Menezes [Brazilian
mistakenly shot by London police] is a victory for the terrorists. Success in
defeating terrorism requires us to be true to our values that they reject.
Michael Ignatieff has argued for the lesser evil of curtailing liberties and
using violence in order to defeat the greater evil of terrorism. But we must be
careful not to succumb to the still greater evil of destroying the very values
for which democracies stand. The way to do this is to require of governments
that they justify all restrictive measures publicly, submit them to judicial
review and circumscribe them with sunset clauses to guard against the temporary
becoming permanent. -- Ramesh Thakur

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.