Re: Salesman Compensation

Robert L Bass wrote:

> If you were pushing lick-and-stick garbage like Fowler the salesman wouldn't
> need much technical skill but he'd have to be expert at high pressure, "one call
> closing".  Those guys typically make less money than a skilled sales rep and
> they usually flip from one employer to the next.  I used to see the same guys'
> names on business cards from different competitors every few months.  Those are
> the creeps who tell the customer anything to make a sale, leaving you to clean
> up their mess during the installation.
>
> Note: I assume you are *not* the sort of dealer who would pull a Fowler on his
> customers.  The above is mentioned only for comparison of different sales
> strategies.

Why must you turn every legitimate discussion thread into a slam against
another participant?  I simply don't understand you.  Think back a few
days to your "Happy Easter" message.  What a positive feeling that gave
me.  Then, less than three days later you come up with this shit and
"the music" starts all over.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com