Re: Take Over Practices

Everywhere Man said:

>I am having trouble understanding some of these replies in regards to
>it appearing as if  we own the client even after they have fulfilled
>the original terms. If a client wants to jump ship after the initial
>term then let them.

Personally, I agree with you.  But you're a Brinks dealer.  Does Brinks
still use proprietary equipment that no other company can reprogram?  That
could be an even more efficient anti-takeover technique than long-term
contracts.

The last I recall, Ken Kirschenbaum was pushing five year monitoring
contracts with five year automatic renewal periods.  I find that a wee bit
excessive.

- badenov