Video / Windows XP

I have a customer who purchased 3 no name XP box DVRs.  He has been paying
my be the hour to get everything working, so I don't mind too much.  Anyway,
I still have one problem with them I can't seem to find a work around for.

He has one monitor, keyboard, and mouse going through a switch box for all
three units.  The two that are just sitting there humming away while you are
viewing the third will eventually lose communications with the mouse.  When
you switch back to those units the keyboard and monitor work fine, but the
mouse just sits there.

Is there a way to tell Windows to continue to look for signals from the
mouse ad infinitum?  (PS2 Mouse) I know, I know...  the easy solution is to
install three mice, but he doesn't want that.  Actually he will be viewing
these units remotely more often than locally, but I would like to try and
have a solution for the problem when it arises, or better yet before it
arises.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner