Re: False alarms

Everywhere Man wrote:
> I am willing to pay any fine imposed on any of MY customers. I don't
> deal with DIYers, and Mr. Schmoe recently signed up with Frank Olsen
> for the installation of a Loxxon.

Damn straight.  And if he follows my advice and keeps it in the
refrigerator, then it will indeed be a cold day it'll ever false alarm.

Seriously, I've enjoyed reading this thread.

When the customer has to pay the fine and the false alarm wasn't due to
anything he did, then guess who he's going to come after?

Five "ingredients" to reducing (or eliminating) dispatched false alarms:

1.  Customer education.
2.  Quality, proven equipment.
3.  Professional installation and service.
4.  Alarm Verification.
5.  An Alarmco that stands behind what they sell, install, and service.

In the last 12 months we've had three dispatched false alarms including
one where a nimrod forklift driver in the next bay speared a section of
an adjoining wall and severed the wires to two PIR's in our customer's
space.  That's out of forty-four alarm dispatches that involved actual
break-ins or verifiable attempts.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com