Re: New DSC panels 1832 / 1864

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> DSC is about to introduce a couple of lines of new panels...the 1832 and
> 1864. These are basically modified 832 and 864 panels, along with at least
> one brand new keypad. One of my prospective customers has seen this line and
> wants it for the new house he is building and moving into May 1st.
>
> I am a little cautious about version 1 of any new line of panels, and with
> DSC's track record, I'm more than a bit leery of these new lines. I don't
> want my clients to end up being their guinea pigs while they work out the
> version 1 bugs....
>
> Any thoughts / comments ?

I agree with you Bob.  I'm going to hang back and see.  I figure it'll
take about two months before they'll release an upgraded chip to take
care of the "bigger bugs".  Their track record on releasing new version
panels hasn't been the best.  I certainly wouldn't install any in a
customer's premise.  I'd rather test one in my own house first but my
wife would find it rather strange to have two keypads sitting side by
side.  :-)