Re: False alarms

As many of you may know by now that we supply the CMS automation, I
would like to look at this through the CMS perspective.

Many of the quotes here are true. But we all must keep in mind that in
that the 21st century is dedicated to "service". We are actually no
longer going along and trying to sell systems but rather trying to sell
our services. If there are people that are still trying to sell
systems, they are the ones that reduce prices, reduce installation
quality and generally "forget" the customer after an installation.

Very few companies have after sales support. Using a team to deal with
after sales enquiries is one of the major reductions of false alarms.
This leads me to another topic: Why do we have web-sites? The answer is
simple: to get as many hits as possible! Why not use the same logic in
our CMS? We must try to get as many people as we can to call in and ask
about the system. I don't know whether or not you will agree to me on
this be the "stupid" users that call in every now and then and ask how
to arm/disarm a system, change a user code, etc... are actually our
best customers! Customers that are not using our system are our worst
customers.

For example:
Scenario 1:
George and Bill are sitting around and talking on on many topics
"Hey Bill, you purchased an alarm system the other day. How can I buy
one and who do you recommend?"
"Ooo yeah... I bought mine from ABC Security. They are tops. Every time
I phone there is always someone to answer my questions and they always
come up with a solution towards my needs. Here is their number..."

Scenario 2:
George and Bill are sitting around and talking on on many topics
"Hey Bill, you purchased an alarm system the other day. How can I buy
one and who do you recommend?"
"Yeah... I haven't been using the system.. It's too complicated. At
least I get a reduction on my insurance... other than that stuff it!!"

So it is very important that we actually get our users to use the
systems. We must make sure that by checking every now and then, either
by phone-email-or what ever, the users are actually using the
systems.The more they are in use, you will notice how drastically the
false alarm rate drops. Make sure you customers are "involved" in the
systems. I just don't agree with the idea that giving too much
information would change them into rocket scientists! Look at how many
people are using mobile phones, how many of them know about sending SMS
messages, using Blue-Tooth, downloading different melodies, etc. These
people have a potential of using high tech systems. It's just a matter
of teaching correctly and later on following up that they are using the
systems as we taught them!

Good luck to you all!