Re: ACP00747

> Has anyone used or know about the ACP00747
> from Linear ?

It's a sturdy, well-built unit.  The problem is it's an all-in-one device.  If
someone rips it off the wall or pedestal they need only to short the output
wires to open the door or gate.  You can overcome this problem by providing a
drop-out relay inside the protected area to disable access if the unit is
tampered with.

The fix isn't complicated.  It's one of the better items Linear makes.  Linear
has been around for a long time.  A few decades ago their products were plagued
with false alarms and failures.  They still make those same old-fashioned pieces
but they've added a lot of more sophisticated (and more reliable) lines over the
years.

I've sold some of Linear's long-range transmitters to protect yachts docked at a
marina.  They work very well.  The police were able to put a stop to a series of
marine electronics thefts using these as a silent alarm direct to their HQ.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.