Re: Optima 2 plus - flashing Red Power LED on Keypad ?

"martin" <me@xxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm trying to sort out an old Optima 2 plus alarm which has been
> disconnected from the mains
> for a few months.
>
> On reconnecting the power, by inserting the mains fuse back in the control
> panel,
> the alarm goes off but also the Power LED on the keypad flashes.
>
> It has reverted back to the default 0123 Customer code and 9999
> Engineering code.
>
> These can be entered and are accepted but the Power LED continues to flash
> and the Green
> 'Day Mode' LED will not stay lit, although it lights briefly while the
> Reset key is held down.
>
> The battery is also dead but with mains power connected I do not think
> this is causing the
> problem. I can not see why any amount of resetting including clearing the
> NVM
> (by connecting terms 40 and 41) won't clear the flashing LED.
>
> Can any one tell me what a flashing Power LED on the Keypad means if mains
> power
> is connected to the control panel ?
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

Try this

Remove mains , remove the battery , apply mains , enter code , reconnect
battery , close panel , press reset , should be back to normal.

Arrange to get it checked over tho...or it may happen again.

Got this from here
http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/lofiversion/index.php?f5.html
(Answer No. 51).  It may be worth asking there.

HTH

John