Re: looking for UL standards

Bob Worthy said:

>On the UL issue, for those of you that are involved with the UL program, do
>you or have you experienced or heard of any type of *fine* or *penality* or
>whatever other term you may want to used, imposed on you by UL, requiring a
>payment. Possibly for a violation or repeat violation found during
>inspections, etc. If there is such a fine or financial penalty, I would be
>interested in hearing how they have this structured.

Normally, if UL finds something wrong during an inspection, they just send
a letter telling you to fix it.  There's no fine or penalty for that.
However, if UL discovers that you are a total screwup, to the point they
start wondering whether you can still meet their standards, they can
schedule another inspection to see how you're doing.  If they do, you get
to pay the costs of the additional inspection visit.  I'm not sure exactly
what criteria they use to decide whether to reinspect a company, never
having been in that situation myself.

- badenov