Re: False alarms

Bob,  I think it's fairly simply myself.  Fine those people who have
the keypad or fob in their hand.  They not only hold the keys to the
alarm that's falsing, but they also hold the purse or wallet that must
pay for the service.  With that said, there are shoddy companies
everywhere, for sure, and these firms should pay for their huge number
of continual mistakes. The trick is devising a way to charge the right
culprit, not to create a one-size-fits-all solution, which is what
cities and counties want to do.  Charge one party and let the alarmco
and user fight it out.

There is no easy answer to this.  Because the brunt of the false alarms
that I've seen from first-hand experience involve the end user, I vote
"charge the user and let him go to the alarmco and sort it out."

Al