Re: False alarms

If I were "king", I would do the following and false alarms would be
drastically reduced. But I am not king and no one listens to me, but here it
is anyway...

I think the solution to this is to "fine" the customer along with banning of
equipment which is prone to false alarms.

Keep track of what is the cause. If after so many false alarms and a cause
can't be found, require a zoned system for every sensor so the cause can be
found.

Learn what is causing the false alarms. Sometimes it takes a system with a
lot of zones and some rewiring to take the guess work out of the problem.
This is expensive. But this should be done after x number of false alarms.

If a particular brand and model of device is commonly the cause, ban it.

(Or if a particular type of device is found to be good at preventing false
alarms like dual technology IR/Microwave motion detectors, require that
these be installed instead of other devices.)

And by keeping track of the cause, new solutions can be thought of to
prevent these things in the future.

Require that systems be installed which will not cause false alarms. The
best equipment and design for the situation.

Require reporting of the cause of every false alarm and what was done to
prevent it from happening again in the future.

Some customers have crappy old systems which are prone to false alarms. They
refuse to replace the faulty equipment with something which will not cause
false alarms. They are cheap.

Other times to get the sale, the least expensive equipment is sold and
installed. If some of the devices were banned, companies could still be
competitive, but could only offer the best equipment for installation.

Then charge the customer for false alarms. This will discourage customer
caused false alarms.