Re: ADT Security Canada

Which (IMO) further illustrates the point that any kind of "gun control"
should be first and foremost about gun safety, including hands on training
on how to safely handle, store, and assume the responsibilities of owning a
firearm - NOT just wholesale restricting in a totally indiscriminate way the
guns themselves. And our situation is not helped along by the ongoing
portrayal of the "guns are evil" stupidity by many in urban Canadian society
(try to sell that bullsh*t to our native Eskimos in Nunavat.... or anywhere
in rural Canada for that matter). This stupid gun hating attitude simply
polarizes opinion on both "sides"...

In spite of my utter contempt for the latest Canadian gun laws for their $2
billion wasteful registration of long guns, and the bureaucracy, and
hopeless ineptitude of the Canadian Firearms Centre, the latest laws do
mandate that owners go through a measure of safety training that makes
sense. There are mandatory courses for long guns and another for handguns. I
took them both, and they are very basic, but better than allowing an
untrained individual unfettered access to a firearm. A lot of this part
anyway is not unlike what your NRA has been promoting for years. Too bad
that youth minister didn't have some basic safety training (along with a bit
of common sense)....he would likely still be preaching today.

Guess it goes to show that some good can come out of even the worst
situations......

RHC