Re: "Blanks" kill actors

Frank Olson wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

> > Sigh!
> >

> That's gotta be a record for you...  Shortest response I've ever seen...
> :-))

I've been involved with the "gun" issue for SO many years. I actually
HAVE read the Federalist Papers and a brazillion articles, and talked a
blue steak about it with lots and lots of people. If you're only
listening to the general media, you're gonna have the same outlook on
gun ownership as Shaun has. I can't tell you how typical his replies
are. If I had recorded 200 conversations that I've had with
"uninformed" people about this issue, they'd all be almost identical.
There's this "common opinion" that is derived from what the media
publishes about firearms and their use. Unless you've studied the
history of firearms through European and American history, and the
opinions, papers and biographies of the Founding Fathers, you're just
going to have this "common opinion" and you think it's accurate. I
don't have any thing else I can say or do to refute it, with out
cracking the books and citing whole paragraphs and excerpts from
historical books and cases that have been tried in Federal and the
Supreme Court, through the years.

Rather than do that ............. it's much easier to

Sigh!

If you tie this "common opinion" together with a liberal, who thinks we
should expend our last bit of energy on taking care of idiots, rather
than everyone taking care of themselves, you've got the makings of an
attitude that the Constitution is an ever changing document rather than
being written in stone. So it's ok , inch, by inch to errode it's
intent to make someone "feel good"

Sigh!