Re: FCI 7100

Teach me something here.

news:tOHTe.73$vi.504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> You may not have line siezure then.
> The primary number IF there are no phones on that line may just be two
> conductors (I dont do it that way but its possible).

If you run a primary line pair to the FACP and it is not used for anything
else what would you do with the other primary pair?  Do you just run it back
to the Telco and terminate it unused on a block?

>The secondary number since it is sharing the line with the fax MUST have 4
conductors....so you
> need a minimum of 6 conductors, preferably 8 for true line seizure on two
> phone lines.

I think I understand this concept that the second CO shared line should be
ran first to the pnl and then back to the Telco closet and then on to the
FAX machine.

I just looked in the panel and there are 8 terminals so I guess there is an
in and out for both lines.

I'll address this with them but I'm afraid that the problem may be much
bigger.