Re: Calling Any and All High-Tech Criminals

Frank your totally correct... Mixing two technologies is always the
better.

But I wouldn't go around and mix a six digit access code system with
biometrics. Instead use a simpler system such as proximity. I know from
experience that the longer it takes for someone to access a region, the
more vulnerable the system is to be by-passed (like placing a fire
extinguisher in front of the door so it doesn't close!!). It would take
on average a 3-5 seconds for you to punch in the right code. it would
take another 5-10 seconds for using the biometric system. If we
consider the maximum times (generally this is true for more
non-technology lovers) it would take a good 15 secs to access a region.
What happens next. They go along and try to by-pass the system. Even if
the access controller has a buzzer, in the end they would go and cut
the buzzer out, damaging the unit and finally crashing the system just
because they used a scissor!!

Developing security solutions requires patience and good preperation.
You must always keep in mind that if the company has not used or is not
used to using high tech equipment, the system should be planned to be
expandible, but the initial integration should be very simple. If you
go around to get big bucks from an installation with lots of stuff that
won't be used... This is not good for reference. Because approximatly 2
- 3 weeks later when you go back to the site you will see that the
system is not working or is not being used.

Anyway as I said... I could go on like this for days... So I better
shut up...

Good luck all!