Re: ADT Security Canada

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>>Attacking Iraq, much as it seemed like a military romp
>>>when the Bush lies were first being spread, was clearly
>>>the wrong thing to do.  There were no weapons of
>>>mass destruction.
>>
>>But who knew that at the time?
>

> George "dubya" Bush, the CIA and the UN inspectors for starters.

Except every other country and our previous administration all believed
it too.
If you say something that isn't true, but at the time you say it you
believe it is...
Is it a lie?  Or were you simply wrong?

>>>Bin Laden was not hiding in Baghdad
>>
>>No one ever said he was.
>

> There were allegations that he was working with Saddam.  There
> also were claims that he had training camps in Iraq.

Like I said...

>>>(he hates Hussein almost as much as he hates Bush).
>>
>>No one ever said that Hussein had anything to do with 9/11.
>

> The Republicans repeatedly held up Saddam's supposed WMD campaign
> as a terrorist threat to the US, claiming he would sell nuclear
> and/or biological weapons to OBL.

But nothing to do with 9/11

>>>Iraq was not preparing to attack us or anyone else.
>>
>>Never claimed...
>

> That was the core reason (well it was what they pretended was the
> reason) for attacking them in the first place.
>

>>>There were no terrorist training camps in Iraq.
>>
>>As I remember (and I am getting old - perhaps you can
>>point me towards the source from that time period which
>>proves me wrong) the claim was that there was
>>communcation between Hussein's intelligence folks and Al
>>Queda.
>

> The claim was that there was collusion between Saddam's and
> Osama's intelligence forces.  Others said there were terrorist
> camps in Iraq.

"others"?

>>>All the lies Bush told have come out and the Republicans
>>>*still* insist that it was a good idea to attack.  What idiots!
>

> No answer for that one, eh?
> --

I have never said it was a good idea.  But all the Monday morning
quarterbacking is a bit tiresome.

I am not a huge fan of the republicans or the democrats.  I am more of a
libertarian.  But it is what it is and all the name calling and
bellyaching won't change it.

As Bill Clinton once said, "attacks never fed a hungry child"