Re: "Blanks" kill actors

You mistakenly forget the will of people NOT to be forced to do what is
against their strong beliefs. The American belief in the Second Amendment is
widely held and rigorously defended. Unless US citizens let down their
guard, it will NEVER happen in the US. I wish I could say the same for
Canada, but we have no such protection.

What our government has created is a huge "grey market" for the transfer of
firearms between otherwise honest citizens. No one wants to bother with this
huge inept bureaucracy, so guns are sold just as before between private
citizens, only "under the counter" so to speak. And all of these firearms
are ones that have not been registered and likely never will be. And they
probably represent about 75% of all the guns in Canada. So now that gun
owner who happens to come upon a stray handgun, and who would have
previously either turned it in, or registered it as required, will simply
tuck it away in a drawer someplace. And why wouldn't he ? He's already
facing prosecution for not registering his duck gun, so he might just as
well do the same for this new handgun. And the erosion of faith in the law
continues unabated......

Half the provinces in Canada have refused to obey this Federal law and do
not enforce it provincially at all. It's considered a joke in most rural
provinces. It's only a matter of time (and the right government) before this
costly boondoggle dies of it's own weight (it took 15 years for it to die in
New Zealand).

Governments can do whatever they want, but you are VERY wrong if you think
that people will willingly give up their personal private property simply
because someone deems them suddenly illegal.

RHC